The Joint Safety Team and Yale Environmental Health and Safety are hosting the third annual Chemistry Safety Day on Tuesday, August 29 from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM by the third floor SCL lounge (registration, EHS information tables, and fire extinguisher training will all be available from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM). Returning students (especially safety officers) are highly encouraged to attend in the morning. First year students are required to attend in the afternoon. Lunch will be provided to attendees. Participants will be eligible to win prizes by participating in activities.
- Fire extinguisher training with a live fire (available from 10 AM - 2 PM). Prior completion of on-line training is required (https://bmsweb.med.yale.edu/tms/tms_enrollments.offerings?p_crs_id=2074).
As group size is limited to eight per session, please reserve a time slot to participate (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sx_9Xgu5V6QPMIeuAOUBRq4wYAiyyxLaIr1hCI6zZ7c/edit?usp=sharing).
- Safety glasses fitting: get a new pair of safety glasses and learn about subsidies for prescription lenses.
- Lab coat fitting: get your set of three fire-resistant blue lab coats.
- Interactive demonstrations: test your knowledge of proper bench/hood maintenance, clean spaces, chemical contamination, and emergency response.
- Photobooth and meme contest: participate for a chance to win prizes.
Please register for the event here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y5GQR9M
Note: regardless of whether you attend the event, ALL students MUST complete their mandatory annual safety training by Sunday, August 27: http://ehs.yale.edu/trainings/laboratory-chemical-training